Centreline Architecture (CA) is a young and growing firm with an expanding portfolio of new and innovative work. We offer architecture, planning, rendering, and management services, among other things. Our current projects include various multi-residential buildings, social housing projects, and a number of commercial and industrial renewals.
We’re looking for a friendly, motivated, and highly organized individual to join our team as an Operations Manager. Our ideal candidate is an easy-going people-person with a talent for multi-tasking. This person should also have a keen interest in the dynamic operation of a busy architectural firm.
Reporting to the Partners and working closely with staff, this position will be the first point of contact in our office with a wide range of current and potential clients. The role provides administrative and construction contract support to our entire team.
• Managing payroll and other light bookkeeping duties
• Assisting with Construction Contract paperwork
• Assisting with various government grant proposals
• Liaising with the firm’s accounting team
• Handling all post and courier mail, incoming and outgoing
• Managing incoming and outgoing documents
• Managing meeting room schedules, setup, catering, and cleanup
• Receiving clients and visitors with a high level of customer service
• Liaising with internal staff at all levels
• Ordering and organizing office supplies
• Making periodic travel arrangements, reservations, itineraries for staff
• Managing periodic gift sourcing and distribution
• Keeping the office tidy
• Keeping our kitchen stocked
• Walking an office dog
• Managing the office equipment/ servicing, vendors etc.
• Filing and retrieving documents and reference materials Answering and managing all incoming calls on a multi-line phone system
• Providing administrative support to the Partners
• Other tasks and responsibilities as required
CANDIDATE SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Confident, patient, friendly people-person
• Professional, personable demeanor and fluency in English (French is an asset but not a requirement)
• Prior administrative experience
• Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Proficiency in QuickBooks and/or other accounting software
• Familiarity in Adobe Creative Suite is an asset
• Extremely detailed-oriented
• Flexible and accommodating of diverse tasks and requests
• Proven ability to effectively prioritize workflow
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Ability to exercise good judgment and show initiative, anticipating the needs of the team
• High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
• Problem-solving ability
• Information gathering and information monitoring
• Ability to operate a vehicle is a requirement with a valid driver’s license
• Previous experience in an architecture firm is an asset
Please submit the following information in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Brief cover letter or email including your personal interest in this job posting (150 words maximum)
• Resume (maximum two-pages)
SOME IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
• Following the instructions above is the first part of our selection process.
• Centreline Architecture is a dog-friendly environment. This role may include daily walks and some animal care.
• While a passion for design and architecture is an asset, we are looking for a long-term candidate who is not considering a career in architecture or design.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. Due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond and/or interview all applicants. Only those being considered for the position will be contacted. No phone calls please.