Our Children, Our Future/Nos enfants, notre avenir
1. Plan, implement and review menus in accordance with the organization’s philosophy and program goals, Canada’s Food Guide, Food Handler’s Training and Certification Program, Public Health Sudbury & Districts, and the Child Care and Early Years Act.
2. Prepare meals suitable for different occasions in consultation with team members and other cooks.
3. Post menus to allow parents to refer to it on a regular basis.
4. Plan menus adapted to the needs of children who have special dietary restrictions (food allergies and intolerances, special dietary requirements [vegan, vegetarian, diabetic, etc.], religious reasons [halal, etc.]).
5. Keep a daily journal of changes and adjustments made to the regular menu.
6. Prepare all food in accordance with accepted health practices.
7. Purchase food and kitchen supplies.
8. Store food items appropriately.
9. Review menus regularly with the Lead Cook.
10. Have a list of children’s allergies posted in the kitchen and review daily.
11. Be mindful of budget allocations and take advantage of sales.
12. Follow purchasing guidelines set forth from the Public Health Sudbury & Districts and the Joint Health & Safety Committee.
13. Other job related duties as assigned.