Job Title: Operations Manager
Job Description: Centreline Architecture (CA) is a young and growing firm with an expanding portfolio of new and innovative work. We offer architecture, planning, rendering, and management services, among other things. Our current projects include various multi-residential buildings, social housing projects, and a number of commercial and industrial renewals.
We’re looking for a friendly, motivated, and highly organized individual to join our team as an Operations Manager. Our ideal candidate is an easy-going people-person with a talent for multi-tasking. This person should also have a keen interest in the dynamic operation of a busy architectural firm.
Reporting to the Partners and working closely with staff, this position will be the first point of contact in our office with a wide range of current and potential clients. The role provides administrative and construction contract support to our entire team.
• Managing payroll and other light bookkeeping duties
• Assisting with Construction Contract paperwork
• Assisting with various government grant proposals
• Liaising with the firm’s accounting team
• Handling all post and courier mail, incoming and outgoing
• Managing incoming and outgoing documents
• Managing meeting room schedules, setup, catering, and cleanup
• Receiving clients and visitors with a high level of customer service
• Liaising with internal staff at all levels
• Ordering and organizing office supplies
• Making periodic travel arrangements, reservations, itineraries for staff
• Managing periodic gift sourcing and distribution
• Keeping the office tidy
• Keeping our kitchen stocked
• Walking an office dog
• Managing the office equipment/ servicing, vendors etc.
• Filing and retrieving documents and reference materials Answering and managing all incoming calls on a multi-line phone system
• Providing administrative support to the Partners
• Other tasks and responsibilities as required
CANDIDATE SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Confident, patient, friendly people-person
• Professional, personable demeanor and fluency in English (French is an asset but not a requirement)
• Prior administrative experience
• Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Proficiency in QuickBooks and/or other accounting software
• Familiarity in Adobe Creative Suite is an asset
• Extremely detailed-oriented
• Flexible and accommodating of diverse tasks and requests
• Proven ability to effectively prioritize workflow
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Ability to exercise good judgment and show initiative, anticipating the needs of the team
• High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
• Problem-solving ability
• Information gathering and information monitoring
• Ability to operate a vehicle is a requirement with a valid driver’s license
• Previous experience in an architecture firm is an asset
Please submit the following information in a single PDF to [email protected]:
• Brief cover letter or email including your personal interest in this job posting (150 words maximum)
• Resume (maximum two-pages)
SOME IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
• Following the instructions above is the first part of our selection process.
• Centreline Architecture is a dog-friendly environment. This role may include daily walks and some animal care.
• While a passion for design and architecture is an asset, we are looking for a long-term candidate who is not considering a career in architecture or design.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. Due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond and/or interview all applicants. Only those being considered for the position will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Company Logo: CA-Format-1-Colours-CROPPED.jpg
Company/Organization Name: Centreline Architecture
Company Information: Centreline Architecture (CA) is a young and growing firm with an expanding portfolio of new and innovative work. We offer architecture, planning, rendering, and management services, among other things. Our current projects include various multi-residential buildings, social housing projects, and a number of commercial and industrial renewals.
We’re located in Downtown Sudbury, close to great restaurants, bars, and shopping. Our team is social, energetic, and focused on working and learning together.
Posting Date: 06/25/2022
Closing Date: 08/31/2022
Contact Phone Number: 705-618-1767
Contact Email: [email protected]