Job Title: Mental Health Trainer
Job Description: TRAINING OPPORTUNITY: BECOME A MENTAL HEALTH TRAINER!
CMHA-S/M is seeking a motivated and energetic individual to join the Mental Health Promotion Team. All training is provided at no cost to the employee.
All Staff are Eligible for:
• Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Paid Holiday Float Day
• Professional Development Opportunities
Full-Time Permanent Staff Receive:
• 8 Paid Sick Days
• 2 Paid Personal Days
• 3 Weeks Vacation (to start)
• Benefit Package
CMHA-S/M JOB POSTING – 22-28
Mental Health Trainer
Department: Quality & Strategic Engagement
Employment Status: Full-Time, Contract (12 months with possibility of extension)
Hours per Week: 35 hours per week
Work Location: Hybrid options to work from home/office (Sudbury, Ontario)
Union Membership: This position is a unionized position (OPSEU)
Posting Deadline: June 30, 2022 at Noon
Reporting to the Manager, Quality & Strategic Engagement, the Mental Health Trainer is responsible for the delivery of mental health educational sessions. Additionally, building community partnerships and representing the agency in a professional manner through embracing and fostering the CMHA culture, respectful communication and ethical decision making.
For the complete job description: https://sm.cmha.ca/get-involved/careers/
• Completion of a diploma or degree in health or social sciences
• Minimum of two years front-line experience providing mental health services
• Experience with group facilitation or adult education is preferred
• Additional certifications would be considered an asset (Mental Health First Aid, safe TALK, ASIST, Mental Health Works, NCI, etc.)
• Ability to work flexible hours (some evenings and weekend hours may be required)
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle
• Experience and comfort level in developing and delivering public presentations
• Knowledgeable of community agencies and resources
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Bilingual requirements will be posted in accordance with the FLS Designation Plan. Bilingualism is required for 40% of positions. If a position is designated bilingual and no bilingual candidates (both internal and external) meet the qualifications, unilingual candidates may be considered.
Bachelor – Hourly, Step 2: $25.74 – Step 5: $30.28
Diploma – Hourly, Step 2: $23.22 – Step 5: $27.31
*Successful candidates for this position will start at Step 2 of the salary grid.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Company/Organization Name: CMHA
Company Information: The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA), founded in 1918, is one of the oldest voluntary organizations in Canada. Each year, we provide direct service to more than 100,000 Canadians through the combined efforts of more than 10,000 volunteers and staff across Canada in over 120 communities.
As a nation-wide, voluntary organization, the Canadian Mental Health Association promotes the mental health of all and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness. The CMHA accomplishes this mission through advocacy, education, research and service.
CMHA branches across Canada provide a wide range of innovative services and supports to people who are experiencing mental illness and their families. These services are tailored to the needs and resources of the communities where they are based. One of the core goals of these services is to help people with mental illness develop the personal tools to lead meaningful and productive lives.
About CMHA – Sudbury/Manitoulin
The Canadian Mental Health Association – Sudbury/Manitoulin (CMHA-S/M) was established in 1984 and is a not-for-profit organization with a volunteer board of directors.
The branch is mandated to provide services to individuals with mental health issues or a diagnosis of a mental illness (though it is not required) within the Sudbury and Manitoulin districts. Our purpose is to support healthy people and communities through advocacy and the provision of safe, inclusive and accessible mental health and addictions services.
CMHA is primarily funded by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and also receives funds from the Ministry of Child & Youth Services and the City of Sudbury.
Posting Date: 06/16/2022
Closing Date: 06/30/2022
Contact Phone Number: 705-675-7252
Contact Email: [email protected]