Job Title: Subdivision/Site Plan Control Officer
Job Description: Posting date: June 23, 2022
Job Title: Subdivision/Site Plan Control Officer
Number of Vacancies: 1
Posting number: EX22-773
Status: Limited position
Estimated Probable Duration: Up to seven (7) months
Should there be no fully qualified candidate for this position, a less qualified candidate who can be expected to meet the required qualifications within a reasonable period may be considered for this position as a training/development opportunity.
Hours of Work: 70 hours bi-weekly
Shift Work Required: No
Range of Pay: $36.43 to $44.70 per hour
(Training Opportunity range of pay is $33.67 to $41.20 per hour. The successful candidate will be paid at the reduced range until the minimum qualifications have been met.)
Start date: To follow selection process
Initial Reporting Location: Tom Davies Square
Eligible to Work from Home: No
Section: Development Approvals
Division: Planning Services
Department: Growth and Infrastructure
Duties: Under the general supervision of the Subdivision/Site Plan Control Engineer:
1. Assist and expedite economic development projects requiring advice, problem solving and single point of contact throughout the Site Plan Control and Subdivision process.
2. Advise all persons (i.e. applicants, developers, agents, lawyers, etc.) having an interest in Site Plan Control and Subdivision Agreements on the procedures, criteria, practices, fees, deposits and/or preparation requirements, upon request.
3. Advise the various departments and agencies (Building Services, Development Engineering, Water Billing, etc.) on the status of the preparation, the execution, the fulfilment of conditions, the enforcement of Site Plan Control and Subdivision Agreements, upon request.
4. Prepare and maintain accurate records and schedules, both in hard copy as well as in digital database form, which describe the particulars connected with the application and preparation, content, execution, fulfilment of conditions, collection and release of financial guarantees, and enforcement of Site Plan Control and Subdivision Agreements (i.e. maintenance periods, as-builts, etc.). Advise developers of the expiration of maintenance periods for subdivisions, and the completion date for site plans in order to allow developers to rectify any deficiencies prior to CGS carrying out final inspections.
5. Advise various departments and agencies when subdivisions are registered and that it is in order to process building permits (Building Services, Development Engineering, Water Billing, etc.).
6. Ensure that house numbering plans are completed for registered subdivisions and circulate to various departments and agencies (Building Services, Water Billing, Canada Post, etc.).
7. Assist the By-law Enforcement Officer, City Solicitor and municipal staff with the preparation of information when strict enforcement procedures are required to achieve compliance with the conditions of the Site Plan Control Agreements.
8. Maintain proficiency with all Acts, By-laws, Regulations connected to the preparation, execution and fulfilment of conditions of Site Plan Control and Subdivision Agreements.
9. Receive all Site Plan Control, Subdivision, legal, easement and as-built drawings and circulate them to the various departments and agencies for their review, comments and/or acceptance.
10. Forward copies of engineering plans to Development Engineering for the processing of applications to the Ministry of the Environment for Certificates of Approval.
11. Prepare draft agreements for subdivisions and final agreements for Site Plan Control for the Legal Services Section incorporating all requirements from the various departments pertaining to clauses and deposits required to form part of the agreements. Review draft subdivision agreements prior to registration to ensure all requirements have been included.
12. Co-ordinate all easement requirements for CGS and/or the various utilities and provide the Legal Services Section with completed copy of plan showing all easements required.
13. Prepare and maintain up-to-date and accurate information and documents, describing Site Plan Control and Subdivision Agreements and requirements, mainly in the form of the Site Plan Control Guide and Subdivision Guide.
14. Co-ordinate Site Plan Control Review Committee meetings and subdivision pre-servicing or pre-construction meetings.
15. Review Site Plans and subdivision plans and conduct inspections of sites and/or buildings and subdivisions to ensure compliance with Site Plan Control and subdivision conditions and/or municipal By-law requirements.
16. Provide comments to the Committee of Adjustment, Consent Official and/or Planning Committee when an application before the Committees warrants.
17. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
18. Perform other related duties as required.
Successful completion of a Community College Diploma as an Engineering Technician or Technologist.
Certification or eligible for certification as a Technician or Technologist with the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (O.A.C.E.T.T.).
Over two and one half (2½) years up to and including five (5) years of diversified experience in the same or related fields (i.e. Building Services, Planning, Engineering).
Extensive knowledge of the preparation and monitoring of Site Plan Control and Subdivision Agreements.
Thorough understanding of all Planning Act and zoning regulations and other regulatory provisions required for the completion of a Site Plan Control and Subdivision Agreements.
Knowledge of development service functions, and applicable legislation and related regulations.
Demonstrate and proven ability related to microcomputer software and administrative systems (i.e. file maintenance, word processing, computerized spreadsheet applications, information input and retrieval).
Ability to demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with staff, other Departments, Councillors, outside authorities and agencies in a courteous and effective manner.
Demonstrate ability to promote an “open for business” philosophy.
Demonstrate ability to negotiate successfully amongst the various parties participating in the Site Plan Control process.
Excellent use of English; both verbally and in writing is required.
French verbal skills highly desirable; written skills an asset.
Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s licence, have an acceptable driving record, and personal insurance coverage.
Résumés quoting EX22-773 are invited and will be received by the City of Greater Sudbury’s Human Resources and Organizational Development Division, by e-mail at [email protected] or fax at 705-688-3979, for the above noted position until 4:30 p.m. on Monday, July 4, 2022. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered.
All City of Greater Sudbury employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City’s mandatory Vaccination Policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice. For more information, please visit our website at www.greatersudbury.ca/jobs.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process you must advise the Hiring Manager.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and are happy to hire qualified (including education credential) applicants from anywhere. In order to hire a candidate one must be legally entitled to work in Canada, with legally entitled being defined as having all of the necessary paperwork processed, approved and responded to, by way of a work permit being issued and received. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Company Logo: Greater-Sudbury-Logo-Landscape-Colour-7.png
Company/Organization Name: City of Greater Sudbury
Company Information: The City of Greater Sudbury is one of the largest employers in the city with approximately 3,000 employees. Our employees play a key role in providing essential services to residents across the community.
As an organization that values innovation and high quality service, we provide our employees with training opportunities and professional development that foster growth and continuous learning.
Our diverse workforce is made up of employees who strive to act today in the interests of tomorrow.
Posting Date: 06/23/2022
Closing Date: 07/04/2022
Contact Phone Number: 7056744455
Contact Email: [email protected]