Background: The COVID-19 pandemic had massive impacts on the business community and forced sweeping changes in their operating methods.
Position: The Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce recognized the severity of the challenge posed by COVID-19 and focused all its operations on assisting the business community in mitigating its impact.
Actions: The Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce:
- created a landing page on its website to share important information relating to COVID-19 with businesses;
- engaged all levels of governments in its advocacy and to maintain a consistent flow of communications between governments and the business community;
- hosted several events and webinars, including with Ministers from the provincial and federal governments, and with private-sector experts, to provide as much assistance to businesses as possible;
- developed and shared multiple toolkits, resources, and information-sources with members to assist them with finding credible information;
- launched a Recovery Database to assist businesses with finding local suppliers of equipment necessary for them to reopen safely;
- created a platform for members to share their stories and challenges with COVID-19, both in print and video;
- launched a Shop Sudbury campaign;
- marketed the Recovery Activation Program to Sudbury businesses; and