Enhanced COVID-19 Vaccine Certificate with QR Code and Verify Ontario App
Today, the Government of Ontario launched the enhanced vaccine certificate with official QR code, and Verify Ontario, the official mobile application for businesses to scan COVID-19 proof of vaccination at entry.
Enhanced vaccine certificates with official QR codes will be made available for download from the COVID-19 vaccination portal over three days based on birth month:
– October 15, 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.: All individuals born between January and April
– October 16, 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.: All individuals born between May and August
– October 17, 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.: All individuals born between September to December
Verify Ontario is the Government of Ontario’s official app for:
– businesses and organizations
– checking visitors’ eligibility to enter based on their COVID-19 vaccination status
– saving businesses time by checking a visitor’s vaccine certificate quickly and easily without the need to search for details
Ontarians will need to continue to show a piece of identification with their name and date of birth along with their proof of vaccination when visiting select businesses and organizations.
Individuals can save the electronic version of their vaccine certificate with a QR code to their phone or print a paper copy. Businesses must accept both electronic and paper versions. In addition, the current vaccine receipt without a QR code remains valid.