Today, the Government of Ontario announced that it is activating an “emergency brake” and is transitioning Public Health Sudbury & Districts from its current “Red-Control” level to the “Grey-Lockdown” level in its COVID-19 Response Framework: Keeping Ontario Safe and Open Framework. The new regional classification comes into effect on Friday, March 12, 2021 at 12:01 am.
Public health measures under Grey-Lockdown level include:
- No indoor organized public events and social gatherings, except with members of the same household, with some exceptions for seniors and individuals living alone.
- Restaurants, bars and food or drink establishments can only do take out, drive through, and delivery including alcohol.Indoor and outdoor services are prohibited.
- In person shopping capacity limit of 50% for supermarkets and other stores that primarily sell groceries, convenience stores and pharmacies.
- In person shopping capacity limit of 25% for all other retail, including discount and big box retailers, liquor stores, cannabis stores, hardware stores and garden centres.
- Stores must post capacity limit publicly and must have passive screening for patrons (for example, posting signs outside the store front about not entering if you have COVID-19 symptoms).
Learn more about what restrictions and guidelines are included in the Grey-Lockdown level here. For a full list of public health region classifications click here. Read more about today’s announcement here.
Download the COVID-19 Alert mobile app here.