Job Title: Shelter Worker (21-039)
Job Description: RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Coordinator of Shelter Services, the Shelter Worker (SW) will provide assistance, support and advocacy to individuals accessing shelter. The Shelter Worker will focus on building and maintaining relationships, providing a safe place to sleep; assisting in diversion, connecting to community support services for housing, and mental health and addiction when identified by the individual based on their needs.
For the complete job description visit our website
• A post-secondary degree or diploma in human services or related discipline (minimum 2 years); or a post-secondary degree or diploma in human services or related field (1 year) plus 1 year experience working in the mental health/addictions field or 1 year experience working with marginalized populations.
• Fluency in English is essential. Advanced conversational French is essential for 40% of these positions. Priority will be given to candidates who are bilingual in French and English as per our French Language Service Plan.
Hourly, Step 3: $19.4205 – Step 5: $21.5784
*Successful candidates for this position will start at Step 3 of the salary grid.
WHY JOIN US?!
As a nation-wide organization, the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) promotes the mental health of all and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness. The CMHA accomplishes this mission through advocacy, education, research and service.
• 3 weeks of vacation to start**
• Paid sick days**
• Benefit package**
• Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Professional development opportunities
Company/Organization Name: Canadian Mental Health Association
Company Information: About CMHA – Sudbury/Manitoulin
The Canadian Mental Health Association – Sudbury/Manitoulin (CMHA-S/M) was established in 1984 and is a not-for-profit organization with a volunteer board of directors.
The branch is mandated to provide services to individuals with mental health issues or a diagnosis of a mental illness (though it is not required) within the Sudbury and Manitoulin districts. Our purpose is to support healthy people and communities through advocacy and the provision of safe, inclusive and accessible mental health and addictions services.
CMHA is primarily funded by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and also receives funds from the Ministry of Child & Youth Services and the City of Sudbury.
Posting Date: 10/05/2021
Closing Date: 11/05/2021
Contact Phone Number: 7056889393
Contact Email: email@example.com