Job Title: Senior Manager, Learning & Organizational Development (LOD)
Job Description: Senior Manager, Learning & Organizational Development (LOD)
Are you interested in joining Canada’s second largest Science Centre where being an awesome organizational culture isn’t just lip service, but actually written into our strategic DNA planning? Science North’s Organizational Development Unit is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Learning & Organizational Development (LOD) to help lead and champion our Human Resources, Leadership and Development Strategies across Science North.
If you thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment, enjoy working with people and are passionate about making a lasting impact across the organization, then we want to hear from you! The successful candidate will have at least 5-7 years’ senior level Human Resources management experience.
• Reporting to the Director, Organizational Development, maintains oversight of the full spectrum of day to day human resources functions across the organization, including assisting with day to day operational requirements, risks, opportunities and ensuring compliance with all legislated requirements.
• Provides strategic leadership for delivering upon the organization’s Learning and Development strategies for all Science North leaders/managers and staff.
• Supports a culture of continuous learning throughout the organization by establishing effective internal partnerships, implementing best practice approaches and toward developing user friendly, practical learning systems, approaches and tools.
• Oversees and manages the design, integration and implementation of organization-wide programs that include, but are not limited to competencies, onboarding and orientation, performance management, employee development, leadership development and succession planning.
• Acts in a consultative capacity to assist in coaching managers and supervisors on specific challenges as well as toward building effective teams.
• In conjunction with the Director, Organizational Development develops learning systems that effectively harness and enable learning across the organization.
• Ensures all aspects of Science North’s Learning and Development strategy incorporates and strengthens our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Bachelor’s degree along with 5-7 years of senior professional HR / Learning / Organizational Development experience is required.
• Demonstrated experience leading full spectrum of HR generalist functions.
• Demonstrated experience in assessing, designing, implementing, delivering and managing training and employee development programs required.
• Experience in strategy development and program implementation required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to develop creative solutions that address organization needs and support the culture and environment.
• Ability to interact with and influence leaders at all levels.
• Excellent facilitation and written/oral communication skills.
• Broad experience/knowledge of Leadership Development best practices with experience involving the design and development of learning programs.
• Permanent full-time opportunity with salary range of $64,400 to $85,000 per year
• Annual performance and merit increase consideration
• Participation in the Science North Employee Incentive Plan
• Comprehensive group benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life/travel insurance, short and long term disability coverage
• Pension plan following one year (or continuation of TPP)
• Free or discounted admission to partner attractions outside Sudbury, Science North facilities and program discounts, fitness membership contribution
• Professional development opportunities
• Minimum 4 weeks’ vacation
Apply online at http://sciencenorth.ca/careers. An early application represents your best opportunity for success. Science North is committed to an inclusive workplace and invites applications from all qualified individuals to join our diverse team. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of Science North’s selection process. We thank all interested candidates; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Science North is a registered charity
and is an agency of the Government of Ontario
Company Logo: SN-Logo-BLUE-1-2.png
Company/Organization Name: Science North
Company Information: Science North is Northern Ontario’s most popular tourist attraction and an educational resource for children and adults across the globe.
Science North maintains the second and eighth largest science centres in all of Canada and features an IMAX® with Laser theatre, digital Planetarium, butterfly gallery, special exhibits hall, and so much more!
Posting Date: 03/07/2022
Closing Date: 04/07/2022
Contact Phone Number: 4166298979
Contact Email: [email protected]