Job Title: Senior Manager, Contracts & Risk
Job Description: Senior Manager, Contracts & Risk
Do you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment, enjoy working with people and are passionate about sharing your knowledge? Science North is a place where all these things come together. We are currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Contracts & Risk to join our team.
Collaborating with Managers across the organization, this individual will lead a small team responsible for ensuring the efficient and fair procurement of goods and services while also managing the organization’s Enterprise Risk Management framework. The incumbent will provide expertise in strategic sourcing and vendor management. This individual is driven by deliberate and dedicated communication and consultation, utilizing a common approach and application across the organization. This approach is tailored to the organization’s external and internal context to ensure that risk assessment, evaluation and reporting requirements are fully supported.
• Lead the development of tender/proposal call documents to acquire a broad range of goods and services using a competitive process.
• Ensure a fair and open process when requesting, receiving and evaluating quotations, proposals and tenders.
• Analyze tender/proposal submissions against established criteria and recommend contract award and/or review the evaluation process and scoring of offers to ensure compliance against established criteria.
• Assist in contract development for all external sales businesses and contract negotiations and/or modifications to contract terms to mitigate risks.
• Manage the ‘procure to pay’ process identifying areas requiring new systems or improvements to increase operational efficiency.
• Develop related tools to streamline procurement and contracting processes.
• Oversee a system of integrated Enterprise Risk Management, informing key decision makers.
• Assist business stakeholders in identifying and responding effectively to priority enterprise risks using quantitative and qualitative risk analysis.
• Drive the development of key risk indicators, establish risk tolerances and report on results using a balanced scorecard approach.
• A minimum five years’ experience in risk/procurement and contract management, ideally in the Ontario public sector
• An understanding of contract law and related legislation along with a working knowledge of the provincial Procurement Directives and the Enterprise Risk Management Directive
• University degree in a related field
• Exceptional communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, along with superior problem solving, organization/time management and negotiation skills
• A Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) and/or other relevant professional designation would be an asset
• Competitive salary package ($64,400-107,300 commensurate with experience)
• Flexible work arrangements
• Annual performance and merit increase consideration
• Participation in the Science North Employee Incentive Plan
• Comprehensive group benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life/travel insurance, short and long term disability coverage
• Pension plan
• Free or discounted admission to partner attractions outside Sudbury, Science North facilities and program discounts, fitness membership contribution
• Professional development opportunities
• Minimum 4 weeks’ vacation
Apply online at http://sciencenorth.ca/careers. An early application represents your best opportunity for success. Science North is committed to an inclusive workplace and invites applications from all qualified individuals to join our diverse team. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of Science North’s selection process. We thank all interested candidates; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Science North is a registered charity.
Science North is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
Company Logo: SN-Logo-BLUE-1-3.png
Company/Organization Name: Science North
Company Information: Science North is Northern Ontario’s most popular tourist attraction and an educational resource for children and adults across the globe.
Science North maintains the second and eighth largest science centres in all of Canada and features an IMAX® with Laser theatre, digital Planetarium, butterfly gallery, special exhibits hall, and so much more!
Posting Date: 03/07/2022
Closing Date: 04/07/2022
Contact Phone Number: 4166298979
Contact Email: [email protected]