Job Title: Residential Worker (21-040)
Job Description: DETAILS:
2 Positions Available”
(1) Part Time, Permanent
(1) Full Time, Permanent
Hours may include weekday, weekend and evenings
Start date: as soon as possible Posting will remain open until position is filled
Work location: Sudbury Unionized position – OPSEU
Reporting to the Coordinator, Residential Services, the Residential Worker provides person-centred supports, within a residential setting, to individuals living with mental health and/or substance use concerns. Staff provide assistance in various areas including goal planning, instrumental activities of daily living (IADL) and improving overall well-being.
For the complete job description visit our website
• Education (one of the following is required)
i. Completion of a 2 year diploma or degree in a human services area; or
ii. Student currently working towards 2 year diploma or degree with minimum of 1 year related experience; or
iii. Combination of any post-secondary education and 3+ years of related experience.
• Fluency in English is essential. Advanced conversational French is essential for 40% of these positions. Priority will be given to candidates who are bilingual in French and English as per our French Language Service Plan.
• Previous experience working in a residential setting is preferred
• Training in ASIST, Safe Talk, NVCI, Mental Health First Aid, and/or Standard First Aid & CPR is considered an asset.
Hourly, Step 3: $18.7867 – Step 5: $20.8636
*Successful candidates for this position will start at Step 3 of the salary grid.
WHY JOIN US?!
As a nation-wide organization, the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) promotes the mental health of all and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness. The CMHA accomplishes this mission through advocacy, education, research and service.
• 3 weeks of vacation to start**
• Paid sick days**
• Benefit package**
• Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Professional development opportunities
** Full-time Permanent Only**
Company/Organization Name: Canadian Mental Health Association
Company Information: About CMHA – Sudbury/Manitoulin
The Canadian Mental Health Association – Sudbury/Manitoulin (CMHA-S/M) was established in 1984 and is a not-for-profit organization with a volunteer board of directors.
The branch is mandated to provide services to individuals with mental health issues or a diagnosis of a mental illness (though it is not required) within the Sudbury and Manitoulin districts. Our purpose is to support healthy people and communities through advocacy and the provision of safe, inclusive and accessible mental health and addictions services.
CMHA is primarily funded by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and also receives funds from the Ministry of Child & Youth Services and the City of Sudbury.
Posting Date: 10/05/2021
Closing Date: 11/05/2021
Contact Phone Number: 7056889393
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org