Job Title: Registered Nurse
Job Description: Location: Manitoulin, Parry Sound and Kirkland Lake
To provide dialysis nursing care for end-stage renal disease patients, hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis treatments to out-patients.
A graduate from an approved School of Nursing (university or community college) with a current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
• Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support BCLS.
• Current certification in Automated External Defibrillator AED.
• Current certification in Peripheral Intravenous Initiation and Maintenance.
• Current hemodialysis certification.
• Ministry of Labour “Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps” training certificate is required.
• Minimum of 1 year full-time equivalent experience (within the last 5 years) in hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis.
• Proven ability and experience in initiating, terminating and monitoring hemodialysis treatments for chronic renal failure patients.
• Proven ability and experience to manage complications arising from dialysis treatments.
• Ability To Function Independently With Telephone Support From The Regional Centre.
• Patient Teaching Skills Specific To End-Stage Renal Failure Patients.
• Ability To Solve Problems While Managing A High-Paced Professional Team Environment.
• Strong Therapeutic Communication Skills.
• Strong Interpersonal And Organization Skills.
• Computer Skills Including Microsoft Office Software, Meditech Client Service OE, Cyberren And GRASP Software.
Preference Given to:
• Successful completion of the Canadian Nurses Association’s certification in Nephrology Nursing cneph.
French Language Service (FLS) Designation: Bilingualism requirements will be posted in accordance with the FLS Designation Plan. If a position is designated bilingual and no bilingual candidates (both internal and external) meet the qualifications, unilingual candidates may be considered.
Selection Process: Nurses will be selected on the basis of their skill, ability, experience and qualifications as identified in the resume or fact sheet, which they have attached to the posting application form. The Hospital reserves the right to conduct a formal interview where required.
Company/Organization Name: Health Sciences North
Company Information: With 4,000 employees, 600 highly skilled medical staff and scientists, 2,100 learners and 700 volunteers, we are one of the largest employers in the region and the second largest hospital designated under Ontario’s French Language Services Act.
As the tertiary care centre with 25 sites across the region, we provide critical and inpatient care for more than half a million people across a variety of services and programs including cardiac care, oncology, nephrology, trauma and rehabilitation.
We are one of Canada’s Top 40 Research Hospitals, and our Regional Cancer Program ranks among the top five in Ontario on quality improvement indicators.
We are an organization dedicated to being patient and family focused, digitally enabled, and socially accountable, while supporting and developing our people and advancing our academic and research impact for Northeastern Ontario.
We invite you to take a close look at our career opportunities. Our employees are our greatest asset and are the key to achieving and maintaining the level of excellence in service that our patients have come to expect and continue to receive.
Posting Date: 12/01/2021
Closing Date: 12/15/2021
Contact Phone Number: 705-523-7100
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org