Job Title: PSWs – 2nd Year Nursing Student
Job Description: Who and What is Plan A?
Are you looking for a forward thinking, fast growing company who is dedicated to supporting our seniors and healthcare professionals? Read on…
Plan A is a staffing agency that supports long-term care (LTC) who are experiencing staffing shortages.
Plan A is currently looking for Personal Support Workers (PSWs) to join our qualified, dedicated, and compassionate team of support staff.
Plan A prides itself on offering supplemental, self-scheduled employment, however, Covid-19 has required us to temporarily change our scheduling model.
Please be advised, at this time preference will be given to individuals who:
1. Do not have another employer
2. Are interested and able to work in homes that may have Covid-19 cases
Flexibility, self-scheduling and all other usual job benefits will still apply.
Qualifications and Skills
• Completion of a recognized PSW program or completion of a first-year nursing program (Required)
• Live within 100km of the hiring location* (Etobicoke, North York and East York)
• Excellent attendance and punctuality
• Hardworking, compassionate, positive, solution-oriented, professional, and flexible
• LTC experience considered an asset
*Plan A offers supplemental employment with no guarantee of hours, because of this, we are not a reason to relocate to the area. During the Covid-19 pandemic, we will work with our partners to try and ensure you have the hours you need.
A casual/supplemental position with Plan A is a great addition to any part-time or full-time schedule! The specific responsibilities and duties vary slightly from home to home, as well as from shift to shift. These expectations will be communicated during the site-specific orientation to each home. PSWs are expected to provide personal care to residents, safely assist with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) including toileting, transferring, bathing and feeding.
As a PSW with Plan A, you would be working in LTC homes on a as needed, shift by shift basis. Plan A offers industry-leading wages with the opportunity to travel to different LTC facilities. With incentives, accommodations, and mileage coverage it’s a great way to experience new towns and cities!
• Flexible work hours to accommodate your busy schedule (part-time or full-time hours available, minimum of only 3 shifts per month)
• Out of town shift opportunities: paid travel and accommodation
• Competitive pay
• Self-scheduling (easily through the StaffStat app)
• Orientation provided at all of our homes
• Access to Plan A management support 24/7
Hourly wage is $22/hour with an additional hourly incentive for shifts posted with less than 12-24 hours notice.
We cannot wait to meet you!
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $22.00-$29.00 per hour
Company Logo: A-Logo.png
Company/Organization Name: Plan A Sudbury
Company Information: Plan A Long Term Care Staffing & Recruitment is Canada’s long-term long term care staffing strategy. We have a monomaniacal focus on the long term care sector. Our team shares a common vision of excellence. At Plan A, we know how difficult it is to maintain high levels of attentive care across a sector that is in need of qualified staffing. Our reliable and experienced team of PSWs/HCAs, RPNs/LPNs and RNs fill that need with high quality care and professionalism.
We believe that all residents have the right to quality and personalized nursing care. Our team is ready to work with your team to ensure delivery of the highest levels of compassionate care.
Posting Date: 01/09/2021
Closing Date: 01/31/2021
Contact Phone Number: 7055877526
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org