Job Title: Project Administrator – Northwest Expansion Project
Job Description: Project Administrator – Northwest Expansion Project
Based in Thunder Bay
$35,800 per year
Science North is undertaking efforts to make science education more accessible and appealing for people of all ages in the Northwest region through expansion into two new science centres. We are looking for a Project Administrator who will support the team to keep track of all the fine details of the project.
This position for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for the Northwest offers the opportunity to develop and showcase project planning and reporting skills, while working collaboratively with all project team members. The role will be based Thunder Bay.
Position Highlights and Responsibilities:
Key Skills and Attributes
• Proficiency with Office 365 (Excel, Outlook, Teams, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Familiarity with social media platforms
• Fluency in both French, and/or Indigenous ancestry, would be considered strong assets (Fluency in English required)
• Attention to detail and excellent documentation skills, such as photo taking and report writing
• G license and clean driving record for the past 3 years required
• Demonstrated project and time management competence
• Work with internal parties to plan, organize and coordinate project activities
• Support meetings, events, presentations and coordinate logistics
• Travel to locations around Northwestern Ontario to assist in community engagement workshops
• Assist in preparation of project documents, proposals, presentations, etc.
• Research, collect information and compile data and reports
This is a full-time contract opportunity to December 31, 2022. If you have any questions or need more information on this exciting opportunity please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected]
Apply online at http://sciencenorth.ca/careers. An early application represents your best opportunity for success. Science North is committed to an inclusive workplace and invites applications from all qualified individuals to join our diverse team. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of Science North’s selection process. We thank all interested candidates; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Science North is a registered charity
and is an agency of the Government of Ontario
Company Logo: SN-Logo-BLUE-1-12.png
Company/Organization Name: Science North
Company Information: Science North believes that its true strength lies in its people. We are committed to having the best environment for our teams and to creating a truly “Awesome Culture”, a culture that reflects high performance, achievement, excellence in leadership and innovation. A culture that engages employees, reinforces the Science North brand, wows its visitors and delivers exceptional service each and every day.
Whether you’re looking for an entry level or professional opportunity, our workforce is as diverse as our snowflake. We hire educators, scientists, science interpreters, marketing, finance, technical and sales personnel from the front door to international sales.
Make Science North the next step in your career. Check out the exciting opportunities at our Science North, Dynamic Earth, and Thunder Bay locations.
Posting Date: 03/15/2022
Closing Date: 03/31/2022
Contact Phone Number: 7055223701
Contact Email: [email protected]