Job Title: Operational Lead / Director – Educational Technology Company
Job Description: The ideal candidate:
• An all-round capable executor
• Objective and outcome-focused
• Can delicately balance the needs of educational companies’ stakeholders.
• Manage diverse personalities and traits typical of a start-up
• Work closely with the entrepreneurial founder who often knows how things should work and needs to have the complementary skillset of actioning successfully.
• Build systems, processes, and orders typically using technology – but being able to be sufficiently agile to make fast changes as and where business need requires.
• Be a problem solver – solutions make and an efficiency enhancer
• Share the objectives of the organization and work to help achieve them.
• Would be experienced with the variety of challenges in leading organizations, including but not limited to
• Building strong teams
• Managing teams and team dynamics
• Systems, processes
• Technology, software,
• Financial, adhere to budgets
• Legal, ensure compliance
• HR and people management
• All key operational matters
Open Candidate Approach
The founder is open to a range of experience, industry, background and welcomes interest from candidates who can demonstrate the required skillsets without necessarily having worked in the education or technology industry.
Individuals, who believe they meet the criteria of all dispositions and background and circumstances are welcome to apply.
What’s not necessarily or especially required
• An education industry background
• A Technology company background
• Does not need to fully understand all software and tech options but have the capability to investigate, review, understand, compare and determine based on good reason.
• Work fixed hours – people with children for example can make up the same workload but manage on a slightly more flexible basis.
• Committed to working hard.
• Not daunted by daunting challenges
• Manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously
• Can work with a globally based team
• Personable and can liaise with all stakeholders
• Can cooperatively work with team members of all dispositions.
• Is organized, thorough, and Process minded
• Being able to understand the vision
• Being able to work with an entrepreneur
• Can enter an existing setup and quickly get a grasp of the organization and strengths and challenges and immediately make an impact.
• Competitive Salary (TBD)
• Health Benefits (TBD)
• Equity program for long-term role (TBD)
• 4 weeks paid annual holiday
• The company is new and at an early stage. The operations lead would need to be quite hands-on, especially in earlier stages. The initial team is close to 7 to 10 people.
• The company is a start-up and thus has the risk attached to it of ultimately not being successful. Although the founder is extremely confident of its success – it is important to note this.
• The company is seeking to be based legally and operationally in Sudbury. This does depend on a number of factors. The worst-case scenario is the successful candidate would be to work remotely and, in a post, covid Canada, travel south on a regular basis.
• The founder believes that in a post covid world remote working will certainly maintain and intends to run a hybrid operation long term. The successful candidate will obviously weigh in on this at such time.
Company Logo: Logo-1.jpg
Company/Organization Name: Ufini Educational Technologies Inc.
Company Information: A young, well-funded entrepreneur-led Educational Technology company is seeking a highly capable and dedicated Operations lead/director.
The founding entrepreneur has recently left a large organization where he was supported by a vast team and is ever aware of his need for strong and capable operational leadership and management.
Posting Date: 04/02/2021
Closing Date: 05/01/2021
Contact Phone Number: 647-354-1997
Contact Email: email@example.com