Job Title: Lead Mechanic (Afternoons)
Job Description: Fisher Wavy Inc. is looking for loyal hard-working employees to join the Northern Ontario’s Leading Supplier of Ready-Mix Concrete team. We are looking for Lead Mechanic (afternoons) in the Greater Sudbury Area. This is a full-time permanent position with a competitive pension and benefits package available.
The lead mechanic position is responsible to troubleshoot, repair and perform preventative maintenance on all types of vehicles/equipment and hand tools within the company’s fleet. The lead mechanic may also be asked in conjunction with the supervisor to evaluate, prioritize and delegate work amongst the mechanics and part-time mechanic.
• Comply with established company safety and operating rules, procedures, and guidelines; and be responsible for reporting unsafe practices to your supervisor.
• Work along with area supervisor to prioritize and delegate workload for the mechanics and part-time mechanic.
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment to protect oneself and others in accordance with all department guidelines and all applicable company safety rules.
• Must be able to operate all types of vehicles, equipment and tools.
• Must be able to perform minor and major repairs on all types of equipment, including but not limited to, all vehicles, trailers, power-operated equipment as well as hand tools.
• Will be responsible for maintaining accurate computer records of time and parts used on specific work order tasks
• Assist in developing transportation maintenance and repair procedures.
• Perform all other duties as apparent or assigned by supervisor.
• Supervision/direction of others
• Directs, instructs and works with the department staff and co-workers on vehicle/ equipment repairs and maintenance issues. Works with individual vehicle/equipment operators to understand and solve complaints and concerns in regards to proper vehicle/equipment maintenance and operation.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• A two-year degree in heavy truck mechanics at the vocational level.
• Minimum of five years of experience may be substituted for the vocational school requirement.
• Specific mechanic certifications may be required and/or desired.
At Fisher Wavy we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Fisher Wavy welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, and all will be given consideration for the position, but only those that are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Company Logo: Fisher-Wavy-Logo-1.png
Company/Organization Name: Fisher Wavy
Company Information: Join Northern Ontario’s Leading Supplier of ready-mix concrete and Hardscape Products!
Fisher Wavy is one of Canada’s leading independent ready-mix concrete manufacturers. As an industry leader, our employees continuously gain new experience and knowledge while working in a diverse and innovative field.
Established in 1935, Fisher Wavy’s employees have years of knowledge that continues to grow each and every day. With locations across Northern Ontario from North Bay to Thunder Bay, Fisher Wavy offers employees an opportunity to build the road map of their future while exploring the vast landscape of Northern Ontario.
Working in the construction industry allows employees to shape landscape of the community in which they live. We work in a variety of industries including concrete blending and distribution, landscaping supplies, aggregate production, mining, civil construction, equipment rentals, and more. We have a large variety of career opportunities available at various locations throughout Northern Ontario during all times of the year.
Posting Date: 10/18/2021
Closing Date: 11/18/2021
Contact Phone Number: 7059191976
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org