Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce Welcomes 2021 – 2022 Board of Directors
Neil Milner, Chair of the Board
GREATER SUDBURY, July 06, 2021 – The Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce is pleased to report the results of its elections to its Board of Directors. This year’s ballot contained the names of fourteen candidates vying for six vacancies on the Board. The successful candidates include: Steven Clark (Sudbury Integrated Nickel Operations, a Glencore Company); Anthony Davis (Greater Sudbury Plumbing and Heating); Alyson Laking (Laking Group of Companies); Trevor Lalonde (Fisher Wavy Inc.); Kathy Wells-McNeil (Total Nursing Care Inc.); and Mike Zanini (Vale Canada Ltd.). Each director will serve a two-year term.
These newly elected directors will join six returning elected directors Kate Bowman (Centreline Architecture); Cora DeMarco (Technica Mining); Karen Hastie (The Social Soulpreneur); Joanne LeBreton (Baker Tilly SNT); Neil Milner (4M Mining Consulting Inc.); and Wendy Watson (Greater Sudbury Utilities) who are serving the second year of their two-year term.
Additionally, four appointed directors were selected by the elected directors. The appointed directors include Derek Bain (Beyond Wireless), Denis Brouillette (Collège Boréal), Zachary Courtemanche (Weaver, Simmons LLP), and Geoffrey Hatton (Spectrum Group). These appointed directors join twelve elected directors to complete the Board’s complement.
The chamber also recently elected its new Executive Council. The members include: Neil Milner (Chair of the Board), Geoffrey Hatton (First Vice Chair), Anthony Davis (Second Vice Chair), Trevor Lalonde (Treasurer), Cora DeMarco (Past Chair), and Debbi Nicholson (President & CEO [ex-officio]).
The new directors and Chair of the Board will officially commence their term in office as of today, July 6th, following a swearing-in ceremony officiated by the Madam Justice Patricia Hennessy.
The Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce is governed by a 16-member volunteer Board of Directors. Each member of the Board volunteers their expertise, time and knowledge, reflecting a broad cross-section of the local business community. The Board consists of elected directors, serving 2-year terms and appointed directors, serving 1-year terms. A term runs from July 1 to June 30 of the following year.
2021-2022 Board of Directors:
- Neil Milner – CHAIR OF THE BOARD (4M Mining Consulting Inc.)
- Geoffrey Hatton – FIRST VICE CHAIR (Spectrum Telecom Group Inc.)
- Anthony Davis – SECOND VICE CHAIR (Greater Sudbury Plumbing and Heating)
- Trevor Lalonde – TREASURER (Fisher Wavy Inc.)
- Cora DeMarco – PAST CHAIR (Technica Mining)
- Debbi M Nicholson – PRESIDENT & CEO (Ex-officio)
- Derek Bain (Beyond Wireless)
- Kate Bowman (Centreline Architecture)
- Denis Brouillette (Collège Boréal)
- Steven Clark (Sudbury Integrated Nickel Operations, a Glencore Company)
- Zachary Courtemanche (Weaver, Simmons LLP)
- Karen Hastie (The Social Soulpreneur)
- Alyson Laking (Laking Group of Companies)
- Joanne LeBreton (Baker Tilly SNT)
- Wendy Watson (Greater Sudbury Utilities)
- Kathy Wells-McNeil (Total Nursing Care Inc.)
- Mike Zanini (Vale Canada Ltd.)
For more information, please contact:
Policy & Communications Manager
Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce
T: 705-673-7133 ext. 221
The Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce represents 700 businesses employing in excess of 43,000 employees and works as the voice of the business community to influence municipal, provincial and federal legislation affecting the business community.
Download the media release here.