Chamber inducts new Chair and Board of Directors for the 2019-2020 year
GREATER SUDBURY, July 4, 2019 – On Wednesday, July 3, 2019, the Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce inducted its 2019-2020 Board of Directors. The new directors and Chair of the Board were inducted in a ceremony officiated by Mayor Brian Bigger.
The chamber held its annual Board elections in spring 2019, with 12 candidates vying for six open seats on the Board. The successful candidates include: Mike Andrighetti (Ethier Sand & Gravel Limited); Geoffrey Hatton (Spectrum Telecom Group); Michael Macnamara (Desmarais, Keenan LLP); Kristine Morrissey (Cambrian College); Tracy Nutt (Service Master of Sudbury/Build North Construction); and Mike Zanini (Vale Canada Ltd.). Each elected director will serve a two-year term.
The elected directors are joined by returning directors serving the second year of their two-year term: Cora DeMarco (Technica Mining); Karen Hastie (AKFIT); Kevin Jarus (Tulloch Enterprises Inc.); Alyson Laking (Laking Toyota Inc.); Tyler Stott (Gallagher Benefit Services Group Inc.); and Bryan Welsh (MacLean Engineering).
Additionally, the elected directors selected four appointed directors to join them for one-year terms each: Kate Bowman (Centreline Architecture); Anthony Davis (Greater Sudbury Plumbing and Heating); Neil Milner (KGHM); and Shayne Smith (Milman Industries Inc.).
The chamber also elected its new Executive Council. The Executive Council will serve a one-year term: Bryan Welsh (Chair of the Board); Cora DeMarco (First Vice Chair); Neil Milner (Second Vice Chair); Mike Andrighetti (Treasurer); Michael Macnamara (Immediate Past Chair); and Debbi Nicholson (President & CEO, ex-officio).
“The chamber’s Board of Directors represents community leaders across a wide range of economic sectors in our city,” said Debbi Nicholson, President & CEO, Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce. “We are very pleased to welcome our new Board, and look forward to their contributions in supporting the success of the Greater Sudbury business community.”
“The chamber plays a vital role in our community by representing and advocating for our business community at all levels of government. I look forward to leading the Board in my new role as Chair, and promoting economic prosperity as the voice of business in Greater Sudbury,” said Bryan Welsh, Chair of the Board of Directors. “I would also like to thank Michael Macnamara, our Immediate Past Chair, for his excellent leadership during his time as Chair.”
The Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce is governed by a 16-member volunteer Board of Directors. Each member of the Board volunteers their expertise, time and knowledge, reflecting a broad cross-section of the local business community. The Board consists of elected directors, serving two-year terms, and appointed directors, serving one-year terms, running from July 1 to June 30 of the following year.
2019-2020 Board of Directors of the Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce:
- Bryan Welsh, MacLean Engineering – CHAIR
- Cora DeMarco, Technica Mining – FIRST VICE CHAIR
- Neil Milner, KGHM – SECOND VICE CHAIR
- Mike Andrighetti, Ethier Sand & Gravel Limited – TREASURER
- Michael Macnamara, Desmarais, Keenan LLP – IMMEDIATE PAST CHAIR
- Debbi M. Nicholson, Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce – PRESIDENT & CEO (ex-officio)
- Kate Bowman, Centreline Architecture
- Anthony Davis, Greater Sudbury Plumbing and Heating
- Karen Hastie, AKFIT
- Geoffrey Hatton, Spectrum Telecom Group
- Kevin Jarus, Tulloch Enterprises Inc.
- Alyson Laking, Laking Toyota Inc.
- Kristine Morrissey, Cambrian College
- Tracy Nutt, Service Master of Sudbury/Build North Construction
- Shayne Smith, Milman Industries Inc.
- Tyler Stott, Gallagher Benefit Services Group Inc.
- Mike Zanini, Vale Canada Ltd.