Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce Honours Ten Local Businesses & Entrepreneurs
20th Annual Bell Business Excellence Awards Celebrate the Contributions of Greater Sudbury’s Business Community
(Greater Sudbury, May 11, 2017) Ten of Greater Sudbury’s outstanding entrepreneurs and businesses were celebrated Thursday evening at the Bell Business Excellence Awards gala hosted by the Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce.
A crowd of over 430 colleagues and friends attended the ceremony to recognize and celebrate the award finalists and recipients.
The awards pay tribute to those hard working entrepreneurs and businesses whose achievements and contributions to the community distinguish them from their peers. The award winners are positive role models who have shown the desire to improve the community.
The 2017 BEA award recipients are:
- Chair’s Award: Talos Steel (Sponsored by the City of Greater Sudbury and the Greater Sudbury Development Corporation)
- Company of the Year Award: Spectrum Telecom Group (Sponsored by Northern Life and Northern Ontario Business)
- Best Place to Work Award: Tulloch Engineering (Sponsored by Collège Boréal)
- Innovation Award: StaffStat Inc (Sponsored by Cambrian College and NORCAT)
- New Venture Award: DeSimone Shoes & Spa (Sponsored by TD Canada Trust)
- Young Entrepreneur Award: Black Rock North Media (Sponsored by Conroy Scott LLP)
- Entrepreneur of the Year Award: Northern Ontario Film Studios/Hideaway Pictures (Sponsored by RBC Royal Bank of Canada)
- Small Enterprise Award: Stitch & Stone (Sponsored by Regional Business Centre)
- Hospitality & Service Excellence Award: Fuel Multimedia (Sponsored by Northern Credit Union Limited)
- Business Start-Up Award: Greater Sudbury Plumbing (Sponsored by Freelandt Caldwell Reilly LLP Chartered Accountants)
Thank you to our generous sponsors. Without your support, an event of this magnitude would not be possible.
- Title Sponsor: Bell Canada
- VIP Reception Sponsor: BDC
- Award Sponsors: City of Greater Sudbury, Greater Sudbury Development Corporation, Northern Life, Northern Ontario Business, RBC Royal Bank of Canada, Northern Credit Union Limited, Regional Business Centre, Collège Boréal, Freelandt Caldwell Reilly LLP Chartered Accountants, Cambrian College, Northern Centre for Advanced Technology (NORCAT), TD Canada Trust, Conroy Scott LLP
- Events Sponsors: Anmar Mechanical and Electrical Contractors Ltd, Talos Steel Ltd, Fisher-Wavy, BESTECH, Northern Uniform Service Corp, OLG, Pioneer Construction, Sudbury Credit Union Limited, Hatch, KPMG-MSLP, ServiceMaster of Sudbury, New Sudbury Centre, Desjardins Business Centre, Newcap Radio: Hot 93.5 & Rewind 103.9, Plan A Long Term Care Staffing & Recruitment, Scotiabank, Castec Inc.
“I am pleased to be able to celebrate the risk takers, the community builders, the innovative thinkers and the money makers both new and old. Entrepreneurship is rewarding but business owners rarely pause long enough to celebrate each other and their successes and hard work,” said Tracy Nutt, Chair of the Board, Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce. “I want to extend congratulations to all the businesses in this year’s slate of nominees. As role models and examples of success, they are inspirations to business owners throughout Greater Sudbury.”
The finalists and award winners in each category were selected by a panel of independent judges. The award winners were announced during the awards gala Thursday evening. This year, the Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce received over 130 nominations.
A photo of the award recipients will be sent to media tomorrow morning.
For more information, please contact:
Policy and Communications Manager
Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce
705-673-7133 ext. 224
The Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit organization that represents 1,000 businesses and through the participation of its member volunteers on committees and task forces, it works ‘as the Voice of Business’ to influence federal, provincial and local legislation affecting business.