Job Title: Communications Specialist
Job Description: A dynamic and growing health care environment awaits you in Sudbury Ontario: Canada’s happiest city! Surrounded by provincial parks and over 200 lakes, Greater Sudbury has over 160,000 residents and is a rich mix of urban, suburban, rural and wilderness environments. Just a one hour flight or four-hour drive from Toronto; here, you will experience the balance of a challenging technological career and a comfortable lifestyle, right in the heart of Northern Ontario’s largest city.
Health Sciences North (HSN) is seeking a Communications Specialist to write stories and communicate important information about HSN to both our internal and external audiences. Under the general direction of the Manager, Communications and Community Engagement, this individual will lead the development of content and communications strategies within HSN and HSNRI, while building and fostering relationships to support HSN strategic corporate goals.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a three (3) year Diploma in a relevant field (e.g. Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or Digital Media) from an accredited college. We are looking for someone with a minimum of five (5) years related experience in communications or media, including traditional, social and digital media content development. Candidates that possess experience working in a health care environment are preferred.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team environment and are looking for a rewarding career opportunity, you are encouraged to view the full job description on the HSN Careers Website.
We offer competitive salary and vacation, extended health and dental benefits, a pension plan through HOOPP and relocation allowance to assist with moving expenses.
Interested applicants are asked to apply directly to posting # 22 – 1182 by July 14, 2022 at 4:00 pm on the HSN Careers Website at hsnsudbury.ca/careers.
1. Demonstrated ability to be a collaborative and supportive team member.
2. Demonstrated ability to be a compelling storyteller and strong writer for internal and external audiences.
3. Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, manage multiple projects, a diversified workload, rapidly changing priorities and challenging deadlines.
4. Demonstrated excellent judgement as well as proven organizational and analytical skills.
5. Understanding of hospital and health system issues, including the ability to be discreet when handling confidential information, is considered an asset.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of importance of creating content that meets AODA and FLS standards.
7. Demonstrated ability to develop and foster relationships with teams across a large organization.
8. Demonstrated ability to independently identify issues, plan improvements, measure success and continue improvement in the communications space.
9. Demonstrated training, experience or utilization of lean methodology for process improvement.
10. Demonstrated ability to independently identify issues, plan improvements, measure success and continue improvement.
11. Demonstrated excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) and patient information systems.
12. Demonstrated superior interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
13. Demonstrated discretion and maturity when handling confidential information.
14. Demonstrated commitment to the safety of co-workers and patients.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
1. Minimum of a three (3) year Diploma in a relevant field (e.g. Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or Digital Media) from an accredited College.
2. Ministry of Labour “Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps” training certificate is required.
1. Minimum of five (5) years related experience in communications or media, including traditional, social and digital media content development.
2. Experience working in a health care environment is preferred.
Candidates will be selected for this position on the basis of their skill, ability, experience and qualifications as identified in the resume and completed Application Form submitted. The Hospital reserves the right to conduct a formal interview where required.
French Language Service Designation:
Bilingualism is an Asset
Company Logo: Health_Sciences_North_Sudbury.jpg
Company/Organization Name: Health Sciences North
Company Information: Health Sciences North (HSN), a regional resource and referral centre for over 600,000 residents across northeastern Ontario, features state-of-the-art technology and has 17 surgical operating rooms, over 3,900 employees, 800 volunteers, and a medical, dental, and midwifery complement of 260. The HSN has become a Research and Academic Health Science Centre affiliated with the Northern Ontario School of Medicine, with an active Interprofessional Placement Coordination Service which facilitates frequent Rehabilitation Student Placements from many Ontario based Schools of Rehabilitation Sciences.
Posting Date: 07/11/2022
Closing Date: 07/18/2022
Contact Phone Number: 705-523-7100
Contact Email: [email protected]