Job Title: Business Information & Marketing Officer
Job Description: Job posting link: https://www.greatersudbury.ca/city-hall/jobs-at-the-city/current-opportunities/business-information-and-marketing-officer-funded-ex21-024/
Employment Opportunity Notice: EX21-024
Reporting Location: Tom Davies Square
Estimated Probable Duration: One (1) Year
70 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Some evening and weekend work may be required)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Investment and Business Development Section, Economic Development Division, Office of the Chief Administrative Officer of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Business Information and Marketing Officer. The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $26.27 to $31.08 per hour (subject to review).
Under the general supervision of the Business Development Officer – Entrepreneurship.
1. Develop, implement and deliver innovative marketing campaigns to promote the Regional Business Centre’s services, programs and collaborators.
2. Liaise with Economic Development staff, Communications staff and other stakeholders to develop, update and distribute internal and external communications including, but not limited to, news releases, media advisories, and public service announcements.
3. Coordinate, execute and monitor the Regional Business Centre’s presence on digital media platforms including but not limited to, websites, newsletters and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
4. Develop marketing content as well as coordinate the design and development of promotional material with outside agencies.
5. Provide reports on key performance indicators and analytics to ensure the success of marketing strategies, social media content and related campaigns.
6. Assist clients with business registrations.
7. Guide, advise and counsel clients through start-up procedures, business planning, market research, regulations and available resources.
8. Direct clients to appropriate private and public sector agencies and resources.
9. Assist clients in understanding and complying with municipal procedures and by-laws and facilitate liaison with other CGS departments as required.
10. Organize, promote and deliver small business seminars and events as directed and assist at other CGS functions and special projects as required.
11. Responsible for the development, promotion and delivery of Small Business Week and the Bridges to Better Business Conference.
12. Represent the Regional Business Centre at community outreach initiatives such as tradeshows, meetings, events and conferences.
13. Track and report internal statistics on activities, job creation, start-ups, expansions and investments as well as input data as required by government agencies and stakeholders.
14. Assist in the preparation of reports for various stakeholders for the Regional Business Centre and the Business Development Section.
15. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
16. Perform other related duties as required.
Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in a related discipline (e.g. Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Business Administration)
Over one (1) year up to and including two and one-half (2½) years of related experience in marketing and communications.
Demonstrate skills and ability related to the use of information technology including Windows based systems, word processing, database, spreadsheet applications, internet search engines and social media platforms.
Demonstrate the ability to use design software.
Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communications skills.
Demonstrate organizational and analytical skills.
Demonstrate the ability to provide excellent customer service.
Demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment.
Work outside regular office hours as required
Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
French verbal and written skills an asset.
Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
Must be physically capable and prepared to safely operate a vehicle, possess a valid driver’s licence, have an acceptable driving record, and personal insurance coverage.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Monday, January 18, 2021 at 4:30 PM by: e-mail to: email@example.com or facsimile number: 705-688-3979. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX21-024) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.
Company Logo: regional-business-centre-colour.jpg
Company/Organization Name: City of Greater Sudbury / Regional Business Centre
Company Information: The Regional Business Centre is a one-stop source for information and guidance on starting, expanding and operating a business. With the support of our Collaboration Network, the Regional Business Centre is hosted within the Economic Development Division of the City of Greater Sudbury.
Posting Date: 01/06/2021
Closing Date: 01/18/2021
Contact Phone Number: 705-688-7582
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org