Canadian Mental Health Association
Reporting to the Coordinator of Shelter Services, the Shelter Worker (SW) will provide assistance, support and advocacy to individuals accessing shelter. The Shelter Worker will focus on building and maintaining relationships, providing a safe place to sleep; assisting in diversion, connecting to community support services for housing, and mental health and addiction when identified by the individual based on their needs.
For the complete job description visit our website
• A post-secondary degree or diploma in human services or related discipline (minimum 2 years); or a post-secondary degree or diploma in human services or related field (1 year) plus 1 year experience working in the mental health/addictions field or 1 year experience working with marginalized populations.
• Fluency in English is essential. Advanced conversational French is essential for 40% of these positions. Priority will be given to candidates who are bilingual in French and English as per our French Language Service Plan.
Hourly, Step 3: $19.4205 – Step 5: $21.5784
*Successful candidates for this position will start at Step 3 of the salary grid.
WHY JOIN US?!
As a nation-wide organization, the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) promotes the mental health of all and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness. The CMHA accomplishes this mission through advocacy, education, research and service.
• 3 weeks of vacation to start**
• Paid sick days**
• Benefit package**
• Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Professional development opportunities