Today, the province released the regulations and guidance for businesses and organizations to implement proof of vaccination requirements taking effect on September 22, 2021. The regulations can be accessed here and the guidance can be accessed here. Ontarians can print or download their vaccination receipt from the provincial booking portal here. Those who need support obtaining a copy of their…
Greater Sudbury Hydro Plus
Greater Sudbury Utilities is looking for individuals who would like to work on an on-going basis to supply relief when the necessity arises.
As the ideal candidate you:
• Have a post-secondary education
• Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an office environment
• Have strong computer skills; specifically, excellent working knowledge of Word and Excel
• Have payment processing experience
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication, organization, analytical, problem solving and time management skills
• Are detail-oriented and committed to meeting deadlines
• Must be flexible in responding to work when the need arises.
In addition, the following qualifications would be an asset:
• French language skills
• Courses in basic accounting principles
Interested applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume by Friday, September 24, 2021, no later than 4:30 p.m. to:
Greater Sudbury Hydro Plus Inc.
P.O. Box 250
Sudbury, ON P3E 4P1
GSU is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
ASP SECURITY INC.
ACCESS CONTROL OFFICER – SUDBURY AIRPORT (CASUAL)
Are you passionate about Safety & Security and seeking opportunity to join a team of Security Professionals?
A.S.P. Incorporated has provided security and customer service solutions for over 20 years to Canadian clients. We employ in excess of 2000 employees and are a subsidiary of ICTS EUROPE, which is operating in 22 countries and employing more than 17000 professionals. A.S.P provide services to some of the largest airports in Canada and has a significant presence in the Commercial and Residential spaces in Ontario and Alberta.
A.S.P. in looking for Access Control Officer, who take pride in becoming ambassador of Airport and make every interaction professional and positive. Work with integrity, respect, and take responsibility of the security and safety at the Sudbury Airport.
What you will do:
Monitor and controls ground-side to airside access and doors (restricted area access control);
Enforce parking by-law at the Sudbury Airport (YSB) & collects all YSB vehicle parking lot fees;
Operate a variety of security and parking equipment including CCTV, Parking Pay & Display Units, Parking Cash Register & Pay on Foot Station, Recording systems, PA System, Portable Radios, etc.;
Respond to screening checkpoint and other airport restricted area alarms;
Perform security patrols and responses throughout the airport as well as tenant facilities;
Complete daily logs, deficiency reports and incident/occurrence reports;
Carry out customer service-related duties which includes hand shoveling of snow, greeting passengers & assisting with luggage when required, etc.;
Perform emergency response duties in accordance with the Airport Emergency Response Manual.
Who you are:
Minimum High School diploma or Grade 12 education;
Proficient computer skills such as Microsoft Office;
Self-motivated individual with a strong attention to detail.
Excellent written & verbal communication and active listening skills;
Must Possess a valid Security licence, Ontario Drivers Licence (G or Higher) with a clear a driving abstract and Basic First Aid and CPR certification;
Must be willing to provide Criminal Record check upon request;
Possession of a valid Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC) is an asset;
Possession of a valid Airside Vehicle Operator’s Permit (AVOP D/DA) is an asset.
Why you should work with A.S.P:
We care about our team and their personal and professional success;
We offer competitive salaries;
You can have flexible schedules; and
Free airport parking when on shift
A.S.P. Incorporated is committed to support a diverse workforce from various communities within which we operate. We encourage all qualified professionals, without regard to race, gender identity, colour, sex, marital / family status, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, aboriginal status, age, etc. to apply.
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to Nadia Onorato @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hire for PERSONALITY. We train for the job.
Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce to honour Alan Arkilander, Past President, with Life Membership Award
GREATER SUDBURY, September 09, 2021 – The Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce is honouring Alan Arkilander, Past President, with a Life Membership Award at its 126th Annual General Meeting this evening, in recognition of his outstanding contributions to the chamber and the community. Alan Arkilander was called to the Bar in 1978. His practice focused on…
The Project Manager will provide technical project management and project leadership for the effective implementation of SNOLAB projects (both external experiments and internal projects). The Project Manager has overall responsibility for SNOLAB assigned projects ensuring projects are completed on time, on budget, safely, within the defined scope and quality parameters all while ensuring SNOLAB standards, policies and procedures are followed. The Project Manager plans, schedules and budgets for resources and controls the integration of all applicable work packages within the project efficiently and effectively.
Successful Project Managers at SNOLAB will require to:
• Deep understanding and proficient use of professional project management processes, tools, and documents in order to create, maintain and manage risks to project plans, budgets and resource-loaded schedules, equipment and people.
• Demonstrate efficient and effective communication skills both oral and written. Project managers are involved in large complex scientific projects and must communicate to a large diverse team which can include local and international scientists and various other stakeholders.
• Knowledge and experience in technical and construction project management with an understanding of engineering and technical design, estimating, project procurement, contractor management, and contract administration.
• Ability to analyze and effectively report on project status using critical path analysis.
• Understanding and experience in earned value management is considered an asset.
• Expertise in leading and/or assisting in the development of feasibility analysis, cost estimates, and supporting the preparation of funding proposals.
The position also includes, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
• Provide leadership for assigned projects.
• Supervise assigned team members within a cross-functional matrix environment as well as external vendors, consultants, and contractors.
• Manage, facilitate and attend regular meetings with key project stakeholders to establish and monitor work schedules, resolves project related issues and advance progress.
• Responsible for estimating, managing project procurements, defining budgets, approving expenditures, and reporting on financial status.
• Ensure all projects incorporate safety, health, environmental and corporate risk, and quality elements for the design, planning, implementation, and operations of all components associated with the project.
• Ensure equipment and installations meet scientific specifications, quality standards, best practices, and all applicable codes and regulations.
• National and international travel as required.
• A relevant degree from a post-secondary institution (i.e. B.S., B. Eng.), or relevant advanced technology diploma.
• Five (5) years or more of relevant work experience.
• Certified as a Professional Engineer of Ontario is a considerable asset.
• Project Management Professional accreditation is an asset.
• Experience as a project manager demonstrating the ability to plan and deliver projects.
• Demonstrated experience in leading multidisciplinary project teams.
• Experience with large science and/or international projects considered an asset.
• Field experience in managing the execution and construction of projects is a considerable asset.
Salary will be determined by qualifications and experience and includes an attractive benefits package. Relocation assistance will be determined in accordance with SNOLAB policies.
All applications must be submitted to email@example.com. Please do not fax or mail your applications. By applying to the e-mail address, your application becomes available to managers immediately. Interested candidates should include a cover letter and resume.
The posting will remain open until the position is filled but the review of applications will commence on August 31, 2021. SNOLAB thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
SNOLAB thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
SNOLAB is committed to equity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified applicants, including women, Indigenous persons, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities. In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
SNOLAB will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs.
Further information about SNOLAB may be found at www.snolab.ca
Posting Date: August 31, 2021
Compass / Boussole / Akii-Izhinoogan
$33.18 – $41.23/hour
establish and maintain purposeful therapeutic relationships
complete comprehensive assessments of clients
assess risks of harm to self and others and complete related safety plans
develop, implement, and monitor progress of treatment plans
ensure assigned files are managed in accordance with relevant professional college standards and Compass’ policies, procedures and guidelines
develop and maintain knowledge of services provided by other community partners
make effective use of those other community services available to ensure a coordinated response to the identified needs of clients
provide information concerning children’s mental health and other related topics to the community
effectively liaise with other agencies/services involved with clients
ensure completion of all clinical and administrative documentation required by legislation, professional Colleges, Ministry and Compass policies and procedures
Honours Bachelor Degree in social work or HBA (Psychology), Bachelor of Arts Child and Youth Care or other related human services honours degrees
Preference will be given to those candidates who in addition to acquiring the minimum academic qualifications, possess a Master’s degree in social work, psychology or human services
Registered and in good standing with a Professional College of Ontario (Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or the College of Registered Psychotherapist of Ontario)
Possesses strong analytical and interpersonal skills
Possesses the ability to synthesize data and formulate treatment strategies
Possesses the ability to integrate knowledge and practice in the development and implementation of a variety of interventions
Ability to work with minimum of supervision
Evidence of ability to work cooperatively with other professionals
Strong ability to self-reflect and practice safe and effective use of self
Ability to deliver programs and services to children, youth and families
A working knowledge of the spectrum of services available to children in Ontario
A good understanding of psychology and/or social work or related disciplines relative to a child, youth and family needs
Knowledge and appreciation of issues facing our diverse populations (i.e. Anishinabek cultures, Francophone, Immigrant/Refugee, LGBT2SQ, etc.)
Understanding of the impact of the social determinants of health on clients mental and developmental outcomes
Possess strong verbal and written communication in both English and French is an asset
Possess of a valid Ontario driver’s licence and availability of an automobile in good working condition
Provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
We offer competitive salaries and pension package. We request that all applicants submit their cover letter and résumé quoting job posting number 1672 no later than September 12, 2021 clearly indicating how you meet the qualifications by email and addressed to
319 Lasalle, Unit 4
Sudbury ON P3A 1W7
Compass values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, and are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If contacted regarding this competition, please advise human resources of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
We wish to thank all applicants; however only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce to host 126th Annual General Meeting with Peter Xavier, Vice President, Sudbury Integrated Nickel Operations, presented by Levert
Media Advisory GREATER SUDBURY, September 03, 2021 – Join the Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce at their 126th Annual General Meeting (AGM) with Peter Xavier on Thursday, September 9, 2021 at Bryston’s On the Park from 5:00 PM – 9:.00 PM, presented by Levert. Peter Xavier, Vice President, Sudbury Integrated Nickel Operations, A Glencore Company…
Today, the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development announced that the paid infectious disease emergency leave under the COVID-19 Worker Income Protection Benefit has been extended until December 31, 2021. It was originally set to end on September 25, 2021. The COVID-19 Worker Income Protection Benefit was originally announced on April 29, 2021 and includes:…
Today, the province announced that starting September 22, 2021, Ontarians will need to be fully vaccinated (two doses plus 14 days) and provide their proof of vaccination along with photo ID to access certain public settings and facilities. Ontarians will be required to show their vaccine receipt when entering designated settings along with another piece…
Medical Officer of Health Strongly Recommending to Develop and Implement Workplace COVID-19 Vaccination Policies
Dr. Penny Sutcliffe, Medical Officer of Health with Public Health Sudbury & Districts, is strongly recommending that employers put vaccination policies in place to protect their employees and the public from COVID-19. To support workplaces in adopting this recommendation, Public Health is distributing its Workplace Vaccine Policy Toolkit to all area employers and persons responsible for businesses…