United Way Centraide North East Ontario
Permanent part-time position (24 hours per week) based in our Sudbury office.
United Way Centraide North East Ontario/Nord-est de l’Ontario (UWCNEO) is currently seeking an experienced, positive individual with great office administration and superior communications skills to join our team of do-gooders. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant will be a key member of our front-line team, assisting in a broad variety of administrative tasks and responsibilities.
If you are a self-starter with excellent organizational and computer skills, are familiar with database systems, pride yourself on your work ethic and quality of your work, and possess great attention to detail and accuracy, then you are the ideal candidate for this position. People would describe you as someone who works with a sense of urgency, while also being able to remain calm under pressure, changing priorities, and tight deadlines. You are professional and pleasant when communicating and interacting with people, and you have the ability and confidence to participate actively in a meeting with senior leadership and stakeholders to our business. Moreover, you can operate independently in a fast-paced environment and have a high level of interpersonal and communication skills.
• Provides administrative and operational support to the Executive Director.
• Prepares confidential correspondences.
• Manages sensitive and confidential matters relating to the daily activities of the organization, ensuring the highest levels of integrity and privacy.
• Organizes and schedules appointments and conference calls and ensure required materials are ready and on hand for the Executive Director.
• Manages correspondence including tracking, reading, and analyzing correspondence, memos, submissions, and reports, deciding on importance/urgency, and acting accordingly.
• Manages front desk, kitchen, and reception areas.
• Answers and directs phone calls to the main line in a courteous and efficient manner.
• Manages mail and fax distribution to members of the team.
• Works with office volunteers to identify and assign office duties as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ensures Boardroom is tidy prior to and following any bookings, prepares coffee and beverages for meetings if requested.
• Ensures an adequate supply of meeting room materials are available (flip charts paper, markers, etc.).
• Ensures that the coffee nook and other supplies are adequately stocked as well as cleaned and organized.
• Ensures weekly recycling and garbage is delivered to the proper bins.
• Ensures reception area is kept clean and tidy and looks “welcoming” to visitors.
• Promptly reports any building maintenance or repairs needed to the Landlord and takes steps to ensure no damage occurs in the time between the report and necessary repairs.
• Monitors supply inventory including needs for reception, copy room, boardroom and lunchroom supplies and replenishes as necessary, ordering additional supplies as needed.
• Manages the phone system and alarm system, contacting vendors regarding new users, issues, upgrades or other.
• Keeps voice mail system and greeting up to date, monitors changes in staff names and changes to staff extension numbers and makes changes to system as required.
• Ensures media calls are given priority and refers them to the Executive Director and in her absence, to the Communications Manager or other the designated staff member.
• Works co-operatively with other staff and volunteers requesting/receiving/giving assistance and work-related relief in a team spirited manner that is always courteous and professional.
• Accepts donations, (received through mail and walk in and workplace envelopes) issues temporary receipts to donors who “walk in”.
• Performs data entry of donations in Andar system as required.
• Supports administrative functions for volunteer management, including identifying and assigning administrative duties to office volunteers as needed.
• Maintains electronic and hardcopy volunteer form systems as needed.
Support the Revenue Development (RD) team:
• Provides proactive administrative assistance to the RD team providing support as requested including, but not limited to, scheduling, record keeping, filing, and preparation for pending meetings and/or projects.
• Performs data entry, searches, and creates reports from Andar for RD team as required.
• Drafts and prepares correspondence (e.g. letters of support), minutes, reports, etc.
• Post-secondary education or equivalent
• Five years’ experience or equivalent skills and ability
• Detail and process oriented.
• Database management experience is an asset.
• Ability to work independently and within a dynamic team environment.
• Strong organizational skills to determine work priorities and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule with some evenings and weekends if required.
• Ability to manage competing demands and function in a calm and effective manner under pressure.
• Superior written communication skills, including drafting material, editing, and proofreading.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Fluent bilingualism (French/English) will be considered an asset.
• Experience working in a non-profit or charitable environment will be considered an asset.
This position will be based in our Sudbury office.
For almost four decades, United Way Centraide North East Ontario/Nord-est de l’Ontario has been a part of the social fabric that connects and mobilizes our community. Our strength is bringing people together and improving community conditions. Our efforts span the entire North East District as we address complex issues, invest in the most impactful programs, and advocate for our most vulnerable citizens.
Application deadline: July 9, 2021
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Although UWCNEO thanks each applicant for their interest, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.