Fisher Wavy Inc.
Fisher Wavy is seeking a driven and detail-oriented Buyer to be responsible for selecting and purchasing quality products for our business. This is a full-time position available with competitive wages and benefits package.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Buyer’s responsibilities will include processing purchase orders, negotiating with suppliers, tracking orders, creating, and maintaining an inventory, quality assurance and liaising with management.
The Buyer will work with staff across departments and companies to make purchase decisions based on requisitions supplied and therefore strong communication skills, both written and verbal are a must. The Buyer should be analytically minded and possess excellent negotiating skills to secure the best prices and deliveries.
• Research, select and purchase quality products and materials
• Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing
• Process requisitions and update management on status of orders
• Update inventory and ensure that stock levels are kept at appropriate levels
• Arrange transport of goods and track orders to ensure timely delivery
• Coordinate with inventory team, mechanical team, and management as required
• Assess quality of stock received and escalate any discrepancies to suppliers and management
• Display professionalism toward our companies and customers
• Maintain compliance with all Company polices including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental, Human Resources policies
• Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a construction or manufacturing environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of heavy trucks, heavy equipment and paving equipment is an assets
• Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint)
• Proficient in appropriate software preferred (Jonas)
• Critical thinking and negotiation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
• Ability to adapt to last minute changes as dictated by the needs of our customers and companies
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
• Repetitive lifting, carrying, and positioning of product (weight up to 50 lbs or 22 kgs) above shoulder height without assistance.
Perks & Benefits:
• Extended health benefits, dental, disability and life insurance, company pension
• Ongoing training and career development
• Company events
• Competitive salary
At Fisher Wavy we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Fisher Wavy welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, and all will be given consideration for the position, but only those that are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.00 per hour
Posting date: November 1, 2021