Sudbury Women’s Centre
Title: Finance Internship – Full-Time 1 yr Position
Based at: Sudbury Women’s Centre
Reports to: Executive Director
We offer a safe place to support women in their journey in getting from where they are now to where they want to be. We offer the tools, resources and support to help and promote women’s status and well-being.
The Sudbury Women’s Centre (SWC) is a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to providing information, referral, and support services to women who have been impacted by violence and/or difficult life circumstances. Our Centre offer key tools and resources that assist women in addressing issues of systematic discrimination and violence. We are committed to serving the needs of women in our community. To create and maintain a safe environment that is inclusive and respectful of diversity.
The purpose of the Finance Internship is to have a staff member inhouse providing guidance and financial growth to the centre. Having this new position within the centre will provide direct assistance to the Executive Director so that future growth of partnerships can be created within the City of Sudbury. The Finance Intern will oversees the day to day financial and administrative operations of the organization, including oversight of accounts payable and receivable, budgeting, production of financial statements and reports, and advisement on financial decisions. This position is responsible for monitoring and maintaining internal IT controls, while overseeing financial systems and related compliance requirements. This position is 31.5 hours per week at $18/hour. The funding for this project is brought to you by NOHFC.
– Manages financial books for each program including balance sheets, trial balance, income statements and ledgers.
– Manages bank accounts including preparing bank reconciliations and bank transfers through online banking.
– Assist with programs annual budgets.
– Processes accounts receivables and payables and ensure all expenses adhere to the set budgets.
– Processes bi-weekly payroll, submits government review remittances for CPP, EI and Income Tax as well as completes Records of Employment when required.
– Prepares monthly and quarterly financial statements and reports for the Executive Director, the Board of Directors and funders.
– Processes approved purchases
– Prepares yearend financial reports for auditors and answers any inquiries.
– Prepares annual returns for GST/WSIB/EHT.
– Remits monthly WSIB premiums.
– Issues charitable receipts.
– Works with Executive Director to develop strategies, review policies and procedures, and reviewing statistics and core measures for programs
– Prepares job postings, participates in recruitment and selection process and assist in hiring decisions
– Administers the employee benefit package, enrolls and orients new employees in the benefits program.
– Maintains vacation and sick time records.
Educational background or field(s) of study:
– University and college graduates who have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. Candidates must be graduates of post-secondary degree or diploma programs.
– Education in Finance, Accounting or related field required
– The position must provide the intern with first time employment in their field of study.
– Candidates are only eligible to participate in the internship program one time.
– Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
– Proven strategic planning experience at the management level
– Proficiency in both official languages is an asset
– Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
– Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
– Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
– Strong communication skills
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.