Canadian Mental Health Association
Residential Worker, Healing with Hope (21-045)
Part -time, permanent
2 positions available
Start date: as soon as possible Deadline: November 2, 2021
Work location: Sudbury Unionized position – OPSEU
CANADIAN MENTAL HEALTH ASSOCIATION
As a nation-wide organization, the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) promotes the mental health of all and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness. The CMHA accomplishes this mission through advocacy, education, research and service.
If you want to work with a community leader in mental health and addictions services, then come work with us! We are proud of our positive and fair work-place culture, where staff have opportunities for learning and development.
We are looking for motivated individual with a desire to make a difference!
Reporting to the Program Coordinator, the Residential Worker (RW) will providea person centred support, within a residential treatment setting, to indivdiuals living with alcohol use concerns. The RW provides assistance in various areas including goal planning, instrumental activities of daily living (IADL), and improving overall well being. Shifts include weekday/weekend/evenings/nights.
For the complete job description visit our website
• minimum 2-year post-secondary Diploma/Degree or Canadian equivalent in human services or related discipline.
• Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in French is an asset.
o Priority will be given to candidates who are bilingual in French and English as per our French Language Service Plan.
• Two years’ experience working in the mental health/addictions field or one year experience working with marginalized populations is an asset.
• Certified Health Executive an asset
• Reliable vehicle required
• Fluency in English is essential. Advanced conversational French is essential for 40% of these positions. Priority will be given to candidates who are bilingual in French and English as per our French Language Service Plan.
Hourly, Step 3: $19.24 – Step 5: $21.32
*Successful candidates for this position will start at Step 3 of the salary grid.
WHY JOIN US?!
• Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Professional development opportunities
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
CMHA-S/M is an equal opportunity employer. CMHA-S/M follows AODA legislation and supports persons with disabilities with accommodations. Please notify us if you have any accessibility requirements.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this/these positions only.
All applicants are thanked for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We do not make assumptions about people’s pronouns and identity and are committed to creating an environment where it is safe to share and ask.